Palace defers exam retake
By Sam Mediavilla, Reporter
Executive Secretary Eduardo Ermita said Friday that the government is deferring its action on the retake of the nursing licensure examination until the Court of Appeals acts on a pending petition on the issue.
“We cannot make a final action on the extent of the retake and who should retake because we will look at how the Court of Appeals’ decision will bear on the issue,” he said.
Ermita said Labor Secretary Arturo Brion had been told by Professional Regulations Commission chief Leonor Rosero to wait for the court’s decision on the case filed by nurses who recently took their oaths.
He explained that President Arroyo’s decision earlier this week ordering the 42,000 nursing graduates who took the June examinations to take the test again was meant to save the integrity of the nursing profession.
The President on Thursday announced that she had agreed to allow the retake of Tests 3 and 5 of the examinations.
Ermita said the government would shoulder the expenses to be incurred by the commission for the retake.
P52 million has been allocated for the retake.
Source:
http://www.manilatimes.net/national/2006/sept/30/yehey/top_stories/20060930top5.html